Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Lindens have finally done it.,,

For the past month, each update to the Second Life (SL) client and SL Grid have made using SL more and more problematic. It seemed that they were making progress with the First Look viewers (which were a kind of full-on beta test on the live Grid), but no more.

Now, a new experience for me, and apparently many others. The Lindens have now borked the logon system somehow.

As it was, sim performance, even on my private land on a residential sim, was getting ridiculously slow. Now, apparently, it has ground to a complete halt.

Just lately, my experience has been that I need to park somewhere to chat or IM my SL friends, because once I begin to move around, everything goes haywire. This has gotten much, much worse in the last two weeks in particular.

I hope this latest update actually fixes something. It would be nice to see Linden Labs do the XP-Service-Pack-2 deal. Stop most forward movement whilst they squash bugs and scale sims.

A guy can dream...

No comments: